Thursday, December 5, 2013

Ice storm on the way!

With the ice-pocalypse heading into our neck of the woods, I have been tasked with keeping our satellite feed live. That means having this:

Salt, a ladder and a broom....To keep ice and snow off of this:
That also means that I get to sleep at work tonight! Yay! Luckily, we have a nice couch, shower and a generator that will keep the electricity flowin' even if the rest of town goes down.

I've also got my camera, a Canon 60D with Magic Lantern installed, set up and taking shots every 60 seconds via the Magic Lantern intervalometer.




Wish me luck - this storm may be a doozy!

4 comments:

  1. That's quite a big dish, you might have your work cut out for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fun job. We actually got rid of our satellite because of that problem. The winter can bring on such tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice storms are never any fun -- stay safe!

    ReplyDelete