Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Wakarusa Bear!

During the festivals that occur at Mulberry Mountain, here in Arkansas, we occasionally are graced with the visit or two of a bear.

I have many photos of three of such visits - and am going to begin with the male.

Nothing much more to say - the photos do all the legwork here! He came over and TRASHED our neighbors campsite. I am trying to dig up the photos I took of the female and her cubs. THAT was much scarier. Anyone who has spent more than ten minutes watching nature television programs knows that a female bear and her CUBS (two of them!) can spell disaster.






5 comments:

  1. I really love bears, but I wouldn't mess with a mother and her cubs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my biggest fear going to a campsite! Beautiful bear though but only in pictures!

    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! thanks for the comment on my blog ^_^

    i'm wondering why i don't get feeds update from your blog...

    scary bear right there...

    have a nice day!

    "Diaries of an Indistinctive Writer"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that is pretty crazy! great photos.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow amazing to get so close to a wild one

    ReplyDelete