Sunday, April 8, 2012

Messing around with HDR

Not much to say tonight - I've been messing around with Photomatix and HDR images. I decided to take something mundane - a piece of construction equipment and try to make it look a bit dramatic. So far, the results are a bit over the top. If my computer didn't suck so badly, I could churn these out every few minutes, instead of twice an hour.

Again - I realize HDR has been done to death, but I am trying to get the most use out of my 8mm ultra-wide lens and a somewhat expensive piece of software!



13 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic! May as well get the most out of that expensive equipment, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks crazy..the second looks better in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it did end up looking pretty dramatic, so good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second image looks really good, but the first is a bit too yellowish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. is this one has the same effect on HDR from picasa? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice pictures,wish I could take ones like these

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pics!
    i like both of them, the upper one seems a lil bit psychodelic

    ReplyDelete
  8. HDR makes for trippy photos in the wrong hands. Apple harnessed it's powers for good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do agree, HDR done to death, but they still look good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Personally, I love messing around with my photos to the extremes. I like the first one more. More intense..

    ReplyDelete