Monday, January 30, 2012

Pictures from the Philippines



Well, as mentioned previously - I spent the better part of a month in the Philippines. A good amount of that time was spent kicking it underwater. I got to see a handful of creatures I really, really wanted to see.

A motherfucking flamboyant cuttlefish! This thing strobed colors, changing from - well, hell - changing through the spectrum. It was incredible! It was NOT happy to see me, however.



Both of those pictures are of the same animal - a mimic octopus. This is another creature that changes both its color and appearance. Pretty rare where we were (Puerto Galera) so we were very lucky to have seen one.

To end, here is a picture of my brother abusing the staff at Atlantis!

Alright. I will leave y'all with a track from a band that we (KXUA) are putting into heavy rotation: Sola Rosa!





21 comments:

  1. you're not coming off as the stable and well adjusted one just fyi...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divorce is almost always a good thing. Happy couples don't get divorced. And I am jealous of those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one flamboyant fish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if I missed something or why are those guys talking about divorce? Great pics anyway, that cuttlefish one especially!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those are awesome pictures, must have been a sight to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww~ i envy this blog... i'm from the Philippines but I never got to got to those places and dive :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man those look awesome. I've only seen things like sea cucumbers and I think a moray eel underwater before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh damn baby qirl. Those are sketchy animals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you didn't happen to go to the Azores did you? I have a friend who lives there

    ReplyDelete
  10. those cuttlefish are so colorful and crazy looking. very good pictures

    ReplyDelete
  11. Changing through the spectrum - sweetest colour of all. Real cool, I wish I could be there. Ofcourse, with an oxygen tank.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I live in the Philippines (the city though so I don't really scuba dive all that much). Will you be passing by Manila soon?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your lucky to visit places like that, nice! Also, the last picture made me giggle..

    ReplyDelete